Week 18 of the 2019 Season
THU OCT 10
The Final Market for 2019
PARTLY CLOUDY MEANS MOSTLY SUNNY. But watch out for those 15 MPH winds. Unless your setup is a truck with a metal awning, we’ll be insisting that you use tent weights to keep yourself stable.
WEATHER THU OCT 10
Mostly sunny and no chance of rain, but double-digit breezes make TENT WEIGHTS essential and mandatory. We can’t take the chance of overturned tents.
SITE PLAN THU OCT 10
In the Music Tent
BRIAN RAUCH. You know him from his work with the Raising River Band. Or for his banjo picking style. (Or because you remember his earlier appearances at the Market in June and July.) We’re delighted to have him back for our final Market of the season.
A few changes to last week’s siteplan.
- Look for the second appearance of our new farm, The Shepherd’s Pasture. Last week’s favorite new vendor-mascot, Pistaschio the goat, was a big hit.
- Our Opening Day artist Ann Fetterolf is back with her Enchanting Chains.
- Cindy from Our Souls Shine will be back with tales of her adventures in Disney World.
- Vincent’s Ice Cream will help us mark the end of the season with pre-packed ice cream from his High Street creamery.
- Pinelands Music and Basketry is certainly welcome but not yet committed from the Mill Race Village.
- Main Street Mount Holly will attend with new reusable Market bags for our shoppers.
- McGregor Farm is back with farm-baked pies and their local produce.
- Robin’s Nest will finish out the season with their soups, quiche, desserts.
- We’re making room for the Fabulous Fig truck, for Specca’s Pick Your Own, and for Breaking Grounds coffee, but at this point, that’s just wishful thinking.
ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 2PM. THE ONLY ENTRANCE IS FROM HIGH STREET.
15 MINUTE TIME LIMIT FOR UNLOADING IN THE MARKET.
As you can see, the space is tight for the number of vendors, and getting in and out of our spaces will require planning and patience. Unless you have permission to park a vehicle inside the Market, you’ll have to drive carefully to your spot, unload VERY QUICKLY, then EXIT THE MARKET with your vehicle and set up when you return.
Click here for driving directions.
You can use (and tell your new customers to use) 2 High Street Mount Holly NJ
as a destination for mapping programs.
Contracts and Fees
Those of you who have not submitted your Application/Contract paperwork need to comply to remain active at the Market and to take advantage of the Fee Rebate Program.
Download the Application from the Mount Holly Contracts link at the top of this website. Complete the app in Word, in PDF, or on paper, and send it to Sean Kennedy, whose name and address are on the first page of the contract package.
FEE REBATE PROGRAM
Prepay your dates to qualify for Fee Rebates. Earn a full 100% rebate for table fees for every Market you attend. Prepay for 10 dates (for example), attend those 10 dates, and you’ll be refunded 100% of your fees at the end of the season.
DAY PAY VENDORS
Afraid of commitment? You can pay on Market day. The Market Director will have receipts for day-pay vendors who prefer the flexibility of paying when they attend, but no rebates can be earned without prepaid dates.
We were very visible on Facebook last week. Not so much this week. If anybody wants to help keep us in front of the local shopping public, let David know you want to lend a hand. Click the link to see what we’ve been up to.
The Township produced a sharp-looking website for our shoppers who think facebook is evil.
Let David know if you want to be on the Featured Vendors’ list for THU JUL 18. We welcome all our vendors to provide us with information about their farms and foods. Shoppers appreciate knowing more about you.
Check back in to this space often. You don’t need to follow a link. Just navigate to http://www.FarmMarketeer.com
Many of you know, but for those of you who don’t, I carry small bills for vendors who run out of singles during the Market day.
Flexible Site Plan
Changes will continue to occur throughout the season as vendors come and go and as we learn more about how neighbors interact. I remind you no spaces are ever guaranteed and require your cooperation if I have to move your location any given week.