Site Map for SAT NOV 19
Welcome Artists and Crafters. We’re delighted to host you for the 2022 Handmade Holidays event at the Collingswood Farmers’ Market.
Whether you’re a Market veteran or a Market rookie, these instructions will help insure a smooth arrival and setup during what can be a hectic hour. You’ll be moving into a Market that is already well established, joining dozens of vendors with their own customary locations, setup procedures, and traffic patterns.
Do not assume that you can arrive when you like and drive into the Market to set up.
Take it easy, stay aware, and remember you are a guest.
This post contains the Vendor Layout for SAT NOV 19 only
Handmade Vendor Notes:
Study your location
- Know your number and your general location relative to other vendors.
- The top of the map is Collings Avenue
- The bottom of the map is Irvin Avenue
- Left is south, Right is north.
Arrive very early
- The first farm vendors arrive at 6am. You are welcome to arrive with them.
- Arrive no later than 7am. You need to be ready to sell at 8am.
- David will be on site wearing red sweatshirt and/or jacket and a Market cap.
- Find David or text him to let him know you’ve arrived.
- Text, don’t call, (856) 979-6653
- You’re in his phone, so he’ll know who’s texting.
If you’re on the south or the “Speedline side” of the Market (spaces 70-129)
- Stop at the west entrance to the Market (the top of the map)
- DO NOT proceed directly to your space and put up a tent.
- David will guide you to your space when the traffic permits.
- Depending on how many vendors share your location, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PARK IN THE MARKET.
- If there is not room to park, you will have 15 minutes to unload your vehicle and exit the Market.
If you’re on the North side of the Market, the “sunny side” (spaces 1-68)
- DO NOT drive into the Market at all.
- You’ll park briefly alongside the parking meters on the north side to unload.
Don’t park in a valuable parking space.
Leave all nearby spaces for your customers.
- Drive your car along Atlantic Avenue to the Collingswood PATCO station
- There you’ll find 500 free parking spaces.
- Saving spaces for shoppers means more of them will visit your tent and table.
Have the latest plan with you
- This blog is easy to bring on your smartphone.
- The site plan is subject to change.
- The latest version is always live at the blog.
- If you bring a printed copy of your plan, it might not be current.
Carry my number
- Don’t be late, but text ahead if you’re going to be late.
- (856) 979-6653.
- If you must call instead of texting, please remember, when I answer, I will be busy with someone who’s on time.
- Remain patient.
Drive the right direction
- Traffic is ONE WAY, west to east.
- The top of the site plan is the entrance.
- Spaces 70-129 wait for David to escort your car.
- Spaces 1-68 do not drive into the Market.
- Spaces 1-68 load from the “parking meter” side of the space
Look for the PAINTED NUMBERS
- Market space numbers are marked with green paint on the pavement.
- Market spaces are parking space dimensions, 10 feet wide by 16 feet deep.
- Under the Speedline, we follow the diagonal parking space lines.
- On the north side, we “square off” the diagonals.
Bring your own tables and tents
- The Market provides space only.
- Bring your own tables and tents.
- November can be windy; tents require weights for safety.
- Plan your displays so that your products don’t fall or blow away.
- The “drive” down the middle gets very congested.
- Unless you’ve been given parking permission inside the Market, you have 15 minutes to unload.
- Stay to the side to permit others to pass.
Be a good neighbor
- The Market is a wonderful community of vendors who cooperate.
Fake $100 Bills
Last month Tatiana (of Wild & Co) recognized a fake $100 bill a customer was trying to pass at the Market. She didn’t accept it, of course, and the counterfeiter immediately left the Market without trying to get anyone else to take his bills.
Since then, we’ve heard of fake 100s being presented at Flaim Farms and Hillacres Pride as well.
Be wary. Farmers’ Markets are often targeted by counterfeiters. Here’s a video to help you recognize a good 100.
Click Below for a 4-minute Instructional Video
“Find Your Space, Set Up Your Tent”
PLEASE SHARE THIS 4-MINUTE VIDEO WITH ANYONE
YOU PLAN TO SEND TO THE MARKET FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Traffic Pattern for Load-in Reminder
All Load-in Traffic will Enter from Irvin Avenue
- Collingswood Police have asked us to enter the Market from Irvin Avenue for Load-in.
- The COLLINGS AVENUE intersection will be EXIT ONLY for all traffic during Load-in.
- USE IRVIN AVENUE (at the east end of the Market) from Haddon Avenue or Atlantic Avenue.
- Once inside the Market, non-farm vendors will load in from OUTSIDE the Market, on the north side of the parking meters, along North Atlantic Avenue.
- FARM VENDORS ONLY will enter the Market and set up under PATCO.
Check back in to this space often. You don’t need to follow a link. Just navigate to http://www.FarmMarketeer.com
PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE MARKET WITH SMALL BILLS TO MAKE CHANGE.
However, when you run out of singles (and sometimes fives), check with David, who brings a batch to bail you out.
Flexible Site Plan
Changes will continue to occur throughout the season as vendors come and go and as we learn more about how neighbors interact. I remind you no spaces are ever guaranteed and require your cooperation if I have to move your location any given week.
David Hodges, Market Director
Home Office (856) 854-8385
Market Day Cell Phone (856) 979-6653