Welcome Artists and Crafters. We’re delighted to host you for the 2013 Handmade Holidays event at the Collingswood Farmers’ Market.
Whether you’re a Market veteran or a Market rookie, these instructions will help insure a smooth arrival and setup during what can be a hectic hour. You’ll be moving into a Market that is already well established, joining dozens of vendors with their own customary locations, setup procedures, and traffic patterns. Take it easy, stay aware, and remember you are a guest.
Study your location
- On this blog you will find the site plans for all four November Saturdays.
- The “Recent Posts” category to the left of this post has links to all four.
- Study the plans for all the Saturdays you’ve scheduled.
- You may not be in the same place every week.
- Every space at the Market is full for the entire month.
- Not every vendor is coming every week so moves are inevitable.
- We’ve done our best to avoid bouncing you around.
- Some of you will experience more than one location.
- The first farm vendors arrive at 6am. You are welcome to arrive with them.
- Arrive no later than 7am. You need to be ready to sell at 8am.
- David will be on site wearing red and a Market cap and carrying a clipboard.
- See David first.
- DO NOT proceed directly to your space and put up a tent.
Have the latest plan with you
- This blog is easy to bring on your smartphone.
- The site plan is subject to change.
- The latest version is always live at the blog.
- If you bring a printed copy of your plan, be sure it’s current.
- Don’t be late, but call ahead if you’re going to be late.
- (856) 979-6653.
- When I answer, I will be busy with someone who’s on time.
- Remain patient.
Drive the right direction
- Traffic is ONE WAY, west to east.
- The top of the site plan is the entrance.
- Spaces 50-89 may drive into the Market with care.
- Spaces 1-49 do not drive into the Market.
- Spaces 1-49 load from the “back” of their spaces.
- Market space numbers are marked with chalk on the pavement.
- Market spaces are parking space dimensions, 10 feet wide by 16 feet deep.
- Lines are drawn diagonally, but your spaces are square.
- The Market provides space only.
- Bring your own tables and tents.
- November can be windy; tents require weights for safety.
- Plan your displays so that your products don’t fall or blow away.
- The “drive” down the middle gets very congested.
- At most, you have 15 minutes to unload.
- Stay to the side to permit others to pass.
- Park your vehicle outside the Market when you have unloaded.
- Don’t even think about parking your vehicle in your space.
- Be smart; Park far.
- If you take a prime parking spot for four hours, customers can’t use it.
Be a good neighbor
- The Market is a wonderful community of vendors who cooperate.
- You will be most welcome if you are considerate.
- Put the needs of others first and we will all succeed.